Tuesday 17 June 2014

Elasticise me!

So, I have broken up with skinny jeans, or anything with a button and zip that doesn't also have elastic in the waist.

I was stuck in baggy, track suit pants for 6 weeks and, every day it broke my heart when I looked in the mirror.  Now, baggy track suit pants are fine for lying on the couch watching tv, doing house work and, at a very big stretch, exercising  although I find them way too hot though and end up a sweaty mess in second).  They are not, however, meant to be worn out of the house as normal daytime attire.  I am ashamed to say that more people than I care to admit had to witness this affront to fashion from me during June and July and then by August, after I had sunk to the depths of despair about my wardrobe options, I discovered what my daughters and I so lovingly call puffy pants.

 That's right, like a harem pant, puffy pants have an elasticised waist band and ankles and the rest of the pant is loose.  Exactly like a track pant except I could find these in lovely soft denim and silk fabric options and, since then I haven't looked back.  There's also pants that are loose at the top and taper into a fitted leg below the knee that also have the elastic band waist I love. I no longer have to jump around pulling on ridiculously tight skinny jeans that leave me exhausted, puffing and sweaty before I even finish dressing in the morning.  I don't have to worry if I gain weight (heaven forbid) or lose weight (if only!) whether I have a big meal, a fat day or pmt.  I slip these puppies on and I am in fashion heaven all day.

 I have somehow managed to accumulate a very large selection of these pants sent from heaven and have built my entire winter wardrobe around them.  So it is with great pleasure that I say goodbye skinny jeans.  It's been fun a.k.a torture but I've found something so much better!

Leather

1


2

3
 
4
 
5
  
 
Denim
 
6

7

8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
 
Black
13
 
14
 
15
 
16

17
 
18
 

Images used from:
oneteaspoon.com
revolveclothing.com
seedheritage.com.au
 

No comments:

Post a Comment