Saturday 12 July 2014

Lean and green

So, I am a green smoothie newbie.  I read a really interesting book talking about the benefits of drinking green. I decided as part of my health and fitness kick I would try having them for breakfast.  Once you can get past it's vibrant green appearance, or brown if you add berries,  they are delicious!


There's so many different ones to make and obviously not everyone is going to like the same flavors.  I love spinach but I am not that keen on kale.  All stems need to be removed before you blend your greens and you should try lots of different greens rather than sticking to just one.  Leafy greens have toxins in them and if you only have the same one you will build up these toxins in your system.  You can prepare everything the night before, add water in the morning and blend.  Fast, easy and healthy!





My favourite so far is:
3 handfuls of spinach leaves
1/4 pineapple (skin removed)
1 1/2 cups of frozen mango (I would use fresh but it's out of season)
 3 leaves of mint
lemon juice
 2tbs manuka honey
1lt water
 YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment