Sunday 12 October 2014

Race away

 So, the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival is looming ever closer and, with the races comes finding the perfect races outfit.  When I was younger, and before I had 2 princesses and gained 30kgs during pregnancy, finding an outfit was easy and fun. It is also disheartening looking for an outfit when you are very aware that there are going to be an overwhelming amount of stunning women attending the same event as you!  Unfortunately now looking for the perfect races outfit has become a bit of a chore.  Now I love shopping, a LOT, but I hate trying to find something to wear when I feel more like a whale and less like a gazelle!  There are plenty of gorgeous dresses around, particularly if you like things skin tight with cut outs and a hem that barely covers your ass!  I am not looking for that particular style and therefore I am at a bit of a loss as to what direction to go instead.  At the moment I would be happy with a sack with cut outs for seeing and breathing rather than exposing the flesh around my waist.  But stunning sacks I cannot find. So what other alternatives are there.....


The 20s style drop waist, loose fitting beaded number.  I love this look but don't want to seem as though I am going to a dress up party.  I love the hair pieces from that era too so I would rather touch on it with a hair piece rather than an entire oufit.


The mumu. Otherwise known as a pretty sack.  Camilla Frank does some beautiful kaftans but I am concerned that rather than just covering the chub around my waist the mumu will just make me look bigger and possibly pregnant (which is never a good look unless of course you are pregnant!).


The bodycon dress that hopefully sucks everything in but in truth shows everything from panty line to bra strap bulge to what you had for breakfast!  Every glass of champagne further adding to the bulge.


An empire line or baby doll dress......cover all of your bumps but can also lead to people mistaking you as pregnant rather than just fuller figured and that is one awkward conversation I would rather not live through again! Also there is a huge risk of flashing your knickers in a gust of wind, again another experience I would rather not live through again.....scarred for life is all I will say about that incident!


Peplum can be a chubby waisted girls best friend as you have a lovely frill covering all of your bulgy bits. But, although it is still in all the stores I kind of feel as though it has had it's day in the sun and want something a little different.....so then I am back to the good old hessian sack again.  Perhaps with a beautiful pair of heels and an understated hairpiece this might be my only option.  With 3 weeks to go I won't rush out an buy one just yet but it's good to have options!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment